I am not sure what tools you have, but I would suggest checking some basic things to start.
Also, I have not actually used this simulator myself.
If you have a multimeter, I would suggest checking:
- are the power rails correct (5V, 12V, etc.)?
- are any signal lines directly connected to a power rail or to ground (best done with everything disconnected)?
- check your power supply to make sure the voltage is within range and that it can supply enough or more than enough current?
- are any signal lines directly connected to another signal line?
- are all the chips installed in the correct orientation?
Some of the things above can also be carefully inspected to be absolutely sure.
Can you verify that the computer is communicating on the correct bus (not sure if it is Serial or USB or something else)?
Let us know how far you get with that.
After that, then we can look into some more advanced troubleshooting.