Can't get electron connected by linking sim and no usb serial connection

nice! I’m trying to setup my pi to connect to wifi and if no wifi is available to turn into an access point. hopefully I can get that done this weekend. then from there I’m going to permanently install the raspberry pi and carloop, I have this device that will send a “shutdown command” to the raspberry pi when the car shuts off I got it from mausberry so thats going to help a lot I can basically leave it under the dash and ssh into the pi to access canutils and do some dumping/sending commands.

I can’t get it to work with my carloop. It will shou up with the “ls /dev/ttyACM*” but when I try to run the next command “sudo slcand -o -c -s6 /dev/ttyACM0 can0” it doesn’t show up with “ip addr” basically can0 it’s being created.
I’m on a Raspberry Pi zeroW

I got it, it was my mistake I forgot I was trying the metasploit for carloop. I flashed the socketcan sketch and bam its up and working. now time to try and put it in my car tomorrow.

Oh cool, it would be nice to have that running all the time when driving with a monitor. I may have to set something like that up.

Yea man it’s totally possible! I plan on leaving it in the car for sniffing at the moment, soon enough I’ll swap out the screen and make it a media center. I have a friend who installed a camera system and got “birds eye view” and other features like lane departure and ACC assistive cruise control, he has the “avidcode” device. That’s what got me started into the CANBUS stuff. I wanted those features for my car but seeing how the company is out of business I have to make it myself. So far I can unlock/lock my doors, turn up radio volume, AC temp hot/cold up and down, AC fan low to high, sport mode off/on, traction control off/on, the shifter PRND12345 ( would love for someone to help “map” put the shifter to another type of shifter newer model.) steering wheel buttons, mirror buttons, blinkers, high beams, headlights, hazard lights, brake press, the list goes on I’ve been logging a lot of data.