Carloop Basic USB device not detected on Windows or Linux

I’m having some trouble accessing the USB interface on my Carloop Basic. I’ve initialized and registered the Photon and upgraded its firmware, all over wifi. But when I attach it to a USB 2 or 3 port, I don’t see the Carloop as a USB device. I’ve tried it natively on three Windows 10 devices with both USB 3 and 2, one Windows 7 computer with USB 2 and a Ubuntil 20.0.04L laptop with USB 2. In all cases, the Photon USB connection is not detected in or out of DFU mode. “dfu-util -l” sees nothing, nor does “particle usb list”. USB drivers are installed. I have no trouble accessing the Photon using wifi (“particle list” works fine). Anybody out there run into this and found a solution? Hard to believe I have a defective USB interface on the Photon but suppose it’s possible.

Hi and welcome! Have you tried using a different micro-usb cable that has known good data pins? Some micro-usb cables have power working but not the data pins.

Unbelievable. I had tried three different mini-USB cables and couldn’t get it working on five different systems. Found a fourth cable and boom, it’s working. That’s crazy but thanks for making me take one more look at the cable. The first three are going in the garbage.