Carloop RedBear Duo Help

I’ve recently purchased the Carloop RedBear Duo and I’m having trouble finding support for this setup. I see many posts on the photon and electron, but not the redbear. I guess the first issue I need to get past is that fact that I’m not able to flash my device via the Particle Web UI. I also can’t find out what internal IP the device has. The Particle Web UI shows that my device has my external IP, but not my internal one. I’m really struggling to find out what’s going on with this device. I’m close, but need a little guidance from a generous person who is working with the redbear.

Hey there, I had similar problem and had to use the particle beta. Here is a thread to help.

https://community.carloop.io/t/help-getting-connect-redbear-duo-carloop/349

You can use the Arduino IDE for the redbear duo and can add the carloop library as well.

How do you add the CarLoop library to the Arduino IDE?

Download the library from GitHub, then add it to the same location as the file your working on and reference it in the header like in the cloud ide

@reporter500,

Ah, now I understand your question from the other thread …

The RedbearDuo works just fine in the Particle environment. I have one myself and it works fine.
The one thing you cannot do in the Particle environment is to update the system firmware on the Duo; you have to do that through the files in the Duo github repository.

The part you are probably missing are the instructions to setup and claim the RedbearDuo to your Particle account. I found this step was tricky and the Redbear app does not match its documentation. I had to try it a few times before it worked.

The instructions are here:

The most important one is the tutorial named “Out of box experience”.

The more detailed answer is that RedbearLabs used the P1 module from Particle when they developed the Duo. Recently, Particle bought the RedbearDuo from Redbear Labs.
For the latest news, take a look here:

It looks hopeful that Particle is going to provide better support for the Duo than Redbear labs was doing. I have my fingers crossed now that Particle Mesh is done and they should have more time now to look at the Duo.