Does Carloop work with Boron LTE Kit?

This is my first time hacking OBD2 - making a dashboard to my RV, does boron lte work or should i get the particle-electron 3g version?

Thanks for the help!

The only boards currently supported are the Electron, Photon and Redbear Duo. You can buy a regular Carloop (Carloop Particle Adapter for OBD II), and separately purchase an Electron from Particle. That is equivalent to Carloop 3G (which is currently out of stock as a kit).

If you’d like GPS capability, you can purchase Carloop Pro which comes with the Electron + GPS and SD card reader.

I have the Electron connected to the Carloop board and sending data over the cell network. How do I add bluetooth to it to read my wireless sensors?

1 Like

Here is an option What are the current options for supporting Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)? - Hardware - Particle
since electron does not have hardware capibilities you have to attach an external device and wire it correctly and make sure the voltage load is right. I would recommend it is worth spending money and upgrade the hardware to Wake on Bluetooth LE data (BLE). Only available on Gen 3 platforms (Argon, Boron, B Series SoM, and Tracker SoM).Here’s how to share data from Particle Gen 3 devices using Bluetooth or NFC – Particle Blog