Honda B-CAN and Carloop

Where are these modules located? I don’t have heated seats, I thought I could hook onto the motorized seat, maybe to the seatbelt fastened sensor. Even if I do find them, I am not sure which is B-CANH B-CANL out of the whole wires down there.

For the motorized seat there’s a harness going to the floor of the car from the seat, I followed it to under the seat, and it gets split into 3 connectors. One big one and 2 smaller one. Disconnecting the big one disabled all movement on the seat. On this connector for example how do I determine which are the 2 can wires, or if there would just be 1. Also which is ground?

My heated seat module on our 2012 Odyssey was found under the passenger seat. I would recommend you pickup the Honda factory service manual for your car, it will have answers to all of your questions.

Hi,
i’m new hiere.

What i’m searching for. I’ve a 2007 Acura TL (US-Market) which has F-CAN high, F-CAN low and B-CAN.
I’ve installed a 2019 Honda Connect Android Radio (European Market) and i want them to communicate. The new Honda has F-CAN high, F-CAN low, B-CAN high and B-CAN low.

Can i get help here and what do i need to get them connected?

regards
Hans

@clemoyne could you share the pin-outs used for the B-CAN to USB2CAN connection, please.
and what settings used?

my settings:
default jumper is intact (120 ohm terminating resistor)
sudo ip link set can0 type can bitrate 125000
sudo ip link set up can0
candump can0 -s 0 -L -l any,0:0,#FFFFFFFF

I am attempting to connect via the rear fuse panel on my 2011 Odyssey - to pins 2 & 7 of the DB 9 Connector.

FWIW, I am attempting to capture door lock telemetry. However, the results i am getting don’t seem to have a pattern

This may be old hat, but I just found out on my 2005 Acura TL, it has only 1 B-CAN pin. But on the 2012-2014 TL’s, they have a B-CAN low and a B-CAN high. So I guess that means I cannot use the bluetooth that I wanted to transplant into my car… The reason I wanted to do that is because all the 04-08 TL’s have failing bluetooths. So I wanted to Up it to a newer model that has been hopefully redesigned.

Sorry for the very slow reply. It has been a few years since I played around with this, but I have started messing around with it again. Right now I am trying to figure out how to grab the temperature on the B-Can line.

In terms of connecting to the USB2Can, you want to make sure to connect CAN High, CAN Low, and ground. If you don’t grab ground, it will not work.

HELP!
I stole the rear power tailgate motor, PTG controller and tailgate latch from a 2009 Odyssey. I want to use it as a standalone system for a home project coupled with a motorcycle battery and maintainer (act as a UPS system).
How do I bypass the B-Can? I think its stuck in safe mode. I’m hoping someone can direct me (as newbie) on bypassing this B-can signal (comes from the side door MICU B-Can line) so get this unit to function. Or even SELL me a module to plug in and give the signal to the PTG to function (i.e. vehicle speed is less than 1.2 mph). I’ve used the info from the PTG of a CR-V since it is likely the same.

https://hondamanual.org/products/11017

The other option is to wire the motor directly (fused) and put a two way switch and use the limit switches from the tailgate latch for the end of travel points. I can weld and fabricate but the programming I only have limited building automation experience in a commercial/industrial setting.

Hi, I would recommend logging can traffic from the vehicle’s CAN bus. Even better if you can press the tailgate open button switch so you have that event logged. Once you have that log, replay it with the motor controller properly wired to 12V and ignition. Hopefully you will see it moving and you can see which CAN messages make that happen.

The van is in the scrap yard being scavenged. No way to do this. The PTG is simply waiting for a signal from the B-can to say everything is good to go at the 33Mhz signal. The actual buttons to trigger the tailgate to open and close are directly wired with a common (-).