How to create a WiFi Access Point with a webpage on Carloop

Thanks to @elhajj33 I started doing some research on available solutions to create an Access Point on the Particle Photon. I came across this repo with all the tools necessary to setup a webpage hosted by the Photon! GitHub - mebrunet/softap-setup-page: Builds a softap setup page for the Particle Photon

i’ll take a look at that! I’ve download the code from this repo https://github.com/paradoxewan/NodeOBD

So far though, the server doesn’t get an address or a port. I’m trying to sort it out :slight_smile:

good news! I used webduino and was able to create a running “hello world” web server on carloop.

I’m going save that project and see if I can get websockets working. That would be perfect because then I would be able to get odbii data in near real time. I’ll keep you posted. Let me know if you make any progress before me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great news! I created a web sockets server running in particle by porting over some Arduino code.

The repo can be found here: GitHub - elhajj33/ParticleWebSockets

All it does at this point is allow you to open a socket to carloop and send/receive some data. The example HTML file should help. That said, it definitely opens a socket

You’re probably asking this is fine as a particle example but is there any obd data? The answer to that question is there isn’t any yet. I’m working on integrating the remote obdII data code written by Zachary Crockett (tfound here as we speak.

I made some changes to Zach’s code and while I have it all written, it’s a bit late right now to go out and see what data I get back from the car. That and I don’t want to start debugging at this point of the night.

I’ll see if it works tomorrow and will try and get the code up by the weekend

1 Like

Thanks for this I am going to give this a try this weekend!

awesome, let me me know how it goes :slight_smile:

I’m trying to set this up was wondering if it were possible to send data through Bluetooth via the redbear duo.

@dubb45, It sounds like this is possible, but I do not have my own RedBearDuo or have enough experience with it. I would suggest using the RedBear forums and ask the same question there … I assume you would get a better answer there. Whatever solution works is something that should work whether or not the Carloop is in use (for the purpose of finding your solution, but of course it is most useful with Carloop in your use case.)

Check out this article on setting up a wifi access point for Raspberry PI – https://www.pi-point.co.uk/