Obd-ii simulator

Hi everyboby,

Sorry for my English.

I’m Hicham from France.

I’m professionnal Radio reseller, and sometimes i have some problemes with radio.

I want find a solution to simulate some basic CANBUS information like ACC, illumination, steering wheel control, etc… to test unit before i give them to my customer, you see.

Is somebody can tell me if here or anywhere i can found, or buy a board that i can plugg to my computer by USB and send this info (ACC, Illumination, Vol+ Vol- of the steering control) by activate bit on a software and send by 2 wires using CANBUS protocol to my Radio unit and see if work well.

When i see all possibility here, i think this is may be possible.

Thank a lot by advance

Hi Hicham,
fist of all it is necessary for you to have its hardware can bus communication , do you have ?
after that it depends of the vehicle which you have and it bus you have to know if it is for example 29 bit or 11 bit .
after that you should find out their commands by listening the bus .

best regards
Dariush

Hi Darius ,

Thank you for your reply.

I have nothing for the moment.

I will need to simulate all principal car brand.

Best regards

Hello Hicham
You can use a Canbus shield with an Arduino, mpc2515 or Canbus Shield V2 from Seeed Studio. I use Seeed Studios shield to simulate a car before installation as it is very cumbersome to install a product on a car. I think this will solve your problem.
Best regards
Melih