School Project Questions

Hi, I’m a masters computer scientist using carloop for an iot project. a few questions:

1. Is it possible to use carloop with a particle boron or only a photon/electron?

2. Is it possible to buy a carloop gps adapter as a standalone if I already have an electron?

3. Can you point me toward any resources that would best allow me to understand exactly what data I can get from my vehicle as well as what data I can send to my vehicle (sniffing and spoofing etc)?

Hello, sorry for such late response. I cant answer your first two questions but i worked on your third question before. There is a book about sniffing CanBus data. This document focus on how to filter and analize CanBus data obtained from your vehicle. Depending on model year of your car you may not access to your data via OBD socket, if you can access to your canbus you can write a program to analize your data or you can use other tools.
In order to analize your data you must know certain things about OBD. There is a message priority in canbus, this means more important messages has smaller ID. For example you may find your door status at 0x482 while your crash sensors at 0x02. You can use this information and change count of the messages to sniff basic information from your car.
https://docs.alexomar.com/biblioteca/thecarhackershandbook.pdf

1 Like