Sending commands

still the same message.

I’ve tried to single out the door locks to make sure 100% its the correct data and it is the right ID.

cangen can0 -g 100 -I 334 -D 4000000129030000
write: No buffer space available

I just realized that I’m using parallels desktop on my Mac to run linux. maybe if I use a dedicated linux machine that would help with the problem.

I came across this on the net I’m hoping this can help me.
https://www.peak-system.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1522

I’ve got it working sorta, I’m able to send single commands. but when I use “cangen” I can see it start up but then I get the “write: No buffer space available” so when that happens I send “sudo ifconfig can0 down” then I send “sudo ifconfig can0 up” it seems to be working like that. I read online someone said it would free up the buffer and send the first message only. I’m still trying to figure out why this is happening.

am I able to send multiple commands at once? I’ve tried several variations of “cansend” but I get nothing.

when you send a single cansend message, that message is immediately over-written by the original message being sent in the vehicle’s CAN bus. That is why you need to continuously send it every 10 ms with cangen to make sure Carloop is overwriting the original CAN message in the car.

when I use cangen I keep getting that buffer error. I’ve tried this but still same result
sudo ifconfig can0 txqueuelen 100
to change the buffer size

http://socket-can.996257.n3.nabble.com/increase-buffer-size-td2024.html maybe you can increase to 1000 and see if that fixes it.

See this paper: https://rtime.felk.cvut.cz/can/socketcan-qdisc-final.pdf

appreciate the info it really helped a lot! I got it working and can use cangen to send the commands. I think increasing the buffer size really helped! now its time to figure out how to regularly send the messages. and I figured if I use 2 terminal windows I can use cangen on both to send the needed commands and that works too, but after sending the 2 messages to get the doors unlocked still nothing :frowning:
I did run into a buffer message again but I’m thinking it did that because I increased the cangen to send out faster. I’m still playing with it hopefully I can get more updates ill post them on this thread.

make sure you are sending it at -g 10

its working when I use -g 10 I can see it show up in cansniffer but I’m still not getting any actual movement of the door locks, my suspicion is I’m missing a key ID that also goes along with the 2 that I’ve found.
I’m going to try and filter those 2 ID’s and see if anything new will show up but my question is will only the ID’s I set the filter on show up or will the accompanying ID’s follow? I’m giving it a try later on this afternoon fingers crossed!

also I would use this:
cansniffer -cae can0 -l 5 -h 2000 -t 2000
the -l and -h correspond too loop time and holding time for changed parameters. Once you let it stabilize, then you can see which can messages are changing when you lock/unlock from the door. Do not use your key fob as that will add more messages to the bus.

thanks trying it now before I leave home from work lol

it works great I can see the ID’s being pushed to the side as i press the unlock/lock buttons.

while cansniffer is runnig, type in the same terminal window:
-3D8 (as an example) and hit enter

that will hide CAN message ID 3D8 from the screen so you can get rid of the ones you know for sure are not door lock/unlock.

you can add it back by typing
+3D8 and hitting enter

*not on a separate terminal - has to be on the same terminal running. Will look like you are not typing at all, because the refresh rate on the screen is really high, but trust your typing :wink:

oh nice I was wondering if I was able to do that. I do see a couple of ID’s that are in the way that would really help out so much more.

Here’s a demo of me getting the door locks. I’m still not getting anything when sending those commands. I’m thinking I’m missing one more ID that I might have filtered out by mistake.

I’ve figured out how to send multiple commands at once.
cansend can0 334#000000011E030000 && cansend can0 355#F0FF000000000000
basically that will work but I’m still not getting my door locks. I’m wondering if I need to tap behind the radio to bypass the gateway. I’ve also read about something called “cangw” I’m trying to see if that would help as well.

is there any way to access pins 3 & 11 on the carloop? basically I can access the “CAN IHS” on pins 3 & 11
thought the OBDII port. I’m hoping that way I can send messages and actually get a response.
I have an Arduino and can bus shield with 2 wires to put into the OBDII port that would work but with the Arduino I don’t have a sketch that would work with canutils like the carloop.

this link helped me out http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/hacking-the-obd-ii-diagnostic-port-1113194-2.html
I was able to get the PIN information for my OBDII port to verify access to the “can IHS”