Sending commands

make sure you are sending it at -g 10

its working when I use -g 10 I can see it show up in cansniffer but I’m still not getting any actual movement of the door locks, my suspicion is I’m missing a key ID that also goes along with the 2 that I’ve found.
I’m going to try and filter those 2 ID’s and see if anything new will show up but my question is will only the ID’s I set the filter on show up or will the accompanying ID’s follow? I’m giving it a try later on this afternoon fingers crossed!

also I would use this:
cansniffer -cae can0 -l 5 -h 2000 -t 2000
the -l and -h correspond too loop time and holding time for changed parameters. Once you let it stabilize, then you can see which can messages are changing when you lock/unlock from the door. Do not use your key fob as that will add more messages to the bus.

thanks trying it now before I leave home from work lol

it works great I can see the ID’s being pushed to the side as i press the unlock/lock buttons.

while cansniffer is runnig, type in the same terminal window:
-3D8 (as an example) and hit enter

that will hide CAN message ID 3D8 from the screen so you can get rid of the ones you know for sure are not door lock/unlock.

you can add it back by typing
+3D8 and hitting enter

*not on a separate terminal - has to be on the same terminal running. Will look like you are not typing at all, because the refresh rate on the screen is really high, but trust your typing :wink:

oh nice I was wondering if I was able to do that. I do see a couple of ID’s that are in the way that would really help out so much more.

Here’s a demo of me getting the door locks. I’m still not getting anything when sending those commands. I’m thinking I’m missing one more ID that I might have filtered out by mistake.

I’ve figured out how to send multiple commands at once.
cansend can0 334#000000011E030000 && cansend can0 355#F0FF000000000000
basically that will work but I’m still not getting my door locks. I’m wondering if I need to tap behind the radio to bypass the gateway. I’ve also read about something called “cangw” I’m trying to see if that would help as well.

is there any way to access pins 3 & 11 on the carloop? basically I can access the “CAN IHS” on pins 3 & 11
thought the OBDII port. I’m hoping that way I can send messages and actually get a response.
I have an Arduino and can bus shield with 2 wires to put into the OBDII port that would work but with the Arduino I don’t have a sketch that would work with canutils like the carloop.

this link helped me out http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/hacking-the-obd-ii-diagnostic-port-1113194-2.html
I was able to get the PIN information for my OBDII port to verify access to the “can IHS”

so I’ve been able to access the CANIHS and have gotten my particle photon directly connected I’m receiving data now.

I ordered the carloop can hitch, it just arrived today will update on the progress hopefully I can send a message back. I’ve been able to log the radio off/on so going to start with that and move on to bigger stuff.

it works!!! I’m able to send any command and bam!!!

@dubb45 I know this thread is from a few years back, but I stumbled upon it since I’m in exactly the same situation that you were. When I send commands via cansend, I don’t end up getting any response. Do you have any advice to relay based on the last few posts in this thread? It seems like you got it working in the end, but I can’t tell if that was via cangen or something else. It seems like I need to send two different commands to trigger unlock, and I think I’m running into the same trouble you ran into.