Simple Logger For Electron?

Has anyone been able to modify the simple CAN logger to to use the IP address from the Electron since it doesn’t have wifi?

Or better yet make it a web app like those at carloop.io?

This is a fairly awkward setup:

as a follow up… simple logger doesnt seem to want to work on the electron module. Spent a few hours this morning and cant get any data out of it.

Hey @jgamblin
Welcome to our community! What’s the end goal for your project? Have you tried our socketCAN sample app install instructions?

I haven’t tried sending data over the air with the Electron. A simple solution to reduce awkward position in the driver seat is using this 10 ft USB cable. Would that help for now?

I have plenty of USB cables… I guess at this early stage having the wifi version would have been easier! : )

I will look at the socketCAN tonight. I am just getting started and am looking to pull data at this point! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, you’re probably right. With a a photon you could access the data via a TCP server. The nice thing is you could unplug the Electron and plug a Photon in. You would be able to re-use the code once you have something that works on the Photon.

I think I am going to pick up a photon then once it gets in get back to hacking. (Wouldnt be a bad combo kit though to sell!)

Good point! We are thinking on ways to improve the kits we sell, for sure!

By the way, here is the link to the Photon https://store.carloop.io/products/particle-photon to make your life easier :wink: . Should arrive before the weekend if ordered Priority.