What device shall i buy

We need to build small application on OBDII device to collect some information and send it to a webservice. I am going to connect to webseirvce via 3g or 4g (I am not going to use android or ios device for this). So I need dongle which support 3g or 4g and support gps tracking as well. Here is the information that will be sent
Direction: is the car direction
Latitude: is the latitude
Longitude: I think very clear is the longitude
speed: is car speed
“uturn”:value is 0 and it will be converted to 1 if direction is changed.
“Fuel”:“is Fuel reading”

Can some one suggest if I can use carloop for this and what device shall purchase.

@mansour2lee,

We need a bit more clarification from you to be sure, but it looks like Carloop3G might do the job for you.

You say the device will collect some information over OBDII. OBDII is a message format; which communication protocol are the OBDII messages being sent over? If the communications protocol is CANbus, then Carloop3G is the definite choice for you. If the communications protocol is ISO9141, KWP2000, KWP fast init, J1850 or something else then Carloop will not do it. More information on these protocols is available here:

As for GPS tracking, do you have a GPS system or antenna already on the vehicle? In general, getting data from an existing GPS could likely be easier than installing additional GPS equipment. If you have to install equipment, there are a number of things to consider to get the best results. It can be done well if you follow the considerations.

For your data, the “uturn” parameter is something that is going to have to be processed and calculated based on some algorithm. You have full access to program the Particle Electron on the GPS, so this should be quite easy to do.